Tuesday, September 22, 2020

DFI#9 Exams and Endings

 DFI#9 Exams and Endings





The above should be played at full volume for the duration of this blog post! 

It sums up up the last 9 weeks of DFI involvement, but especially the last few hours of Google Educator Level 1 exam time! 

I have stressed about the exam for a number of weeks. Flashbacks to 3 hour School Certificate exams in a dingy school hall in the 1970s. 

Supportive colleagues repeatedly said 'you'll be fine'. The most supportive colleague said 'what's the worst that can happen?'. It's a great question!

I never got to the end of the exam - a dodgy connection saw me thrown out of the exam after scenario 6 of 11. There was much to-ing and fro-ing with the google chat-bot, then with a real google person, and (after 40 minutes) a rather impersonal message saying they had tried everything they could and I would need to re-take the test at another time. I don't even know if my completed questions and scenarios have been saved. 

The feeling of devastation was intense, but short lived. What's the worst that could happen? 

Well, I didn't finish the test. 

That's it. Everything else from the last 9 weeks is still there. It hasn't disappeared into the ether. I can still use my new skills, tips and tricks everyday to streamline my workflow.  I can still remember how to create YouTube channels and playlists. I still have a deeper understanding of the Manaiakalani pedagogy and kaupapa than I did at the beginning of the term. I still have my blog and my learning site. I still have the shared experience of learning alongside of teachers from my school and colleagues from across the cluster.

I might get my brave on in the upcoming holidays and have another go at it ...... or I might not. 

What's the worst that can happen?


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Liz,
    A great catch phrase - what's the worst that can happen?
    I have to agree that your learning remains and has been considerable. I really appreciate the connections of Principals and Leaders across the clusters. I wonder how we might continue some purposeful way to connect?
    All the best,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

DFI#9 Exams and Endings

 DFI#9 Exams and Endings The above should be played at full volume for the duration of this blog post!  It sums up up the last 9 weeks of DF...